Thursday, May 3, 2007

I am weak but He is strong...

When I made my last post, who would of thought that I would have such an opportunity to "shine" for the Lord. I have found Him to be the faithful One who gives strength as we face each day. It is not our might or power but His Spirit that upholds us and radiates through us.

I feel very weak and very small, but He is very strong and very big! In this I rejoice. Not in my circumstance for it is difficult, but in My God for He is able. When I am weak, He is strong.

Thank you for your love and prayers. We feel very strongly the prayers of the saints on our behalf. Joel may not be aware yet, but someday he will hear and know how God spared him and loved him through each of you.

He is able,
Marti

5 comments:

Rachel said...

We love you, Marti, and are definitely praying for the Lord's grace and encouragement for you. Hang in there, sister!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is in times like these we realize even more how big and wonderful God is. We love you guys so much and are continuing to pray earnestly for Joel and all of your family. Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Even as an atheist, I deeply respect your views.

marti said...

Dear Atheist friend, Thank you for respecting my views. That is kind of you. But oh how I ache for you if you do not know and have the peace that only your Creator can give. Would you just please ask God that if He is real He would show you? He longs for you to see Him as He sees you with a love that surpasses all other. Who else would die for you, but the One who made you. God is willing to make Himself real to you if you would allow Him. I pray that you will

Kelly said...

Marti, You and your family have been in my thoughts and in my prayers these last few weeks. Like your blog title, keep the Lord as your "sure and steadfast hope" in the midst of the ups and downs that present themselves during Joel's recovery! Love to you, dear one!