Sunday, May 3, 2009

God is Able and God is working!

I just returned from a family reunion of my grandmother Anderson's family. The DeBauge family. There were 60 of us there and 5 had come from France where the family originates. It was so interesting! It was fun to hear people tell stories of those I have known and loved in the family ie. John and Nan (DeBauge) Walden, and of course my grandmother Antonia. The tree only goes back for about 150 years right now but they're digging deeper to get more info. So far, no royalty or villains in the family!

I was personally invited to Paris, France to stay with a young family that says they hope to organize a reunion in years to come in France. I'm going to start saving my pennies! They live just 2 Kilometers from Versailles. Did I spell that right?

The best thing of all is most of them are Catholic and the Lord gave us opportunity to talk to several about the Lord. One man actually asked "Why are you not Catholic". He said he had been searching for 45 years to find God and we told him that God put him next to us that day to hear the truth. He got my e-mail to further our conversation as we were interrupted by picture taking time.

Before we left on Sunday, my father stood and shared with all in the dinning hall, about 25, that the Lord was coming soon. He gave a brief Bible prophecy oration pointing to Christ, spoke of some current things that are pointing to the soon return of the Savior and gave the gospel. It was a blessing to see him in action with passion and boldness. I know the Spirit of God was using him in a powerful way at that moment. If you think of it, pray for the DeBauge family . God is able and God is working.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

He is able to do abundantly more than what we ask or think!

Praise the Lord!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so exciting! We will be praying! Keep us posted on how your conversations go!

Melissa Gail said...

Definitly will be praying for the DeBauge family! This news was so great to hear - thanks for sharing it and letting "the body" rejoice in what the Lord has been doing in and through your life!

Brooke said...

Wow! What an exciting time!!! I will pray for your family, and for your Dad.

Anonymous said...

That's really cool, Marti. We will be praying. We enjoyed the time with Ken this weekend. Later in the afternoon He and Paul spent some time listening to music in the computer room. I could hear them laughing every once in a while - must have had a good time. :) Hey, have a great summer! You are in our prayers. Laura